- Install CompizConfig by typing the following on your terminal:
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manageror you can install CompizConfig by going to System >> Administration >> Synaptic Package Manager. Type compizconfig-settings-manager inside the Quick Search textbox and select compizconfig-settings-manager. Right click and mark for installation then click the Apply button on the toolbar.
- Now that you have installed CompizConfig, you can already add Desktop Cube Effect on Ubuntu. Open CompizConfig by going to System >> Preferences >> CompizConfig Settings Manager. Under Category, click the General icon and click the General Options. Click the Desktop Size tab and set the following:
- Choose the Desktop Category and enable the following:
- Choose the Effects Category and enable the following:
- You can now see the effects by clicking Ctrl + Alt + [Mouse Click and Drag]. You can view and edit the controls by clicking the Desktop Cube icon.